Providence Medical Equipment
6811 Woodway Dr.
Waco, TX 76712
P: (254) 741-2495
F: (254) 741-2496
Click Here for Directions
Providence Medical Equipment
Lacy Lakeview Medical Plaza
Must have a prescription in order to file on insurance.
Must have a copy of the prescription for the nebulizer medication being used for our file.
-Must have a qualifying diagnosis IE: COPD, Bronchitis, Emphysema, Bronchiectasis and/or Asthma.
-Client suffers from severly impaired breathing and needs the machine to administer bronchodialtor drugs.
Must have a prescription to dispense or to file on insurance.
-Common diagnosis are COPD, CHF, Bronchitis, Emphysema, Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchiectasis or Pulmonary Hypertension.
-ABG's (arterial blood gas) are at or below 55 mm or an oxygen saturation (pulse oximetry reading) at or below 88% on room air.
-Testing must be done within 2 days of discharge of a hospital stay or in a chronic stable state outside of a hospital. Emergency room testing will not qualify for oxygen.
-Tests done during sleep will not qualify patients for portable oxygen.
-If tests are 56 mm to 60 mm or 89% on room air then the client will have to be retested withing 60 to 90 days. Any readings above these will not qualify for oxygen.
-Client must be mobile within the home to qualify for portable oxygen.
-Client must hvae specific written orders for liquid portable oxygen or a conserver device.
-Diagnosis alone WILL NOT qualify for oxygen.
CPAP / BiPAP
A prescription for the CPAP or BiPAP along with a copy of the qualifying sleep study results are required whether to file insurance or private pay.
-A CPAP device is covered for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) if criteria A through C are met:
- A. The patient has a face to face clinical evaluation by the treating physician prior to the sleep test to assess the patient for OSA.
- B. The patient has a sleep test that meets either of the following criteria (1 or 2):
- The apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) or respiratory disturbance index (RDI) is greater than or equal to 15 events per hour with a minimum of 30 events.
- The AHI or RDI is greater than or equal to 5, and less than or equal to 14 events per hour with a minimum of 10 events and documentation of:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness, impaired cognition, mood disorders or insomnia
- Hypertension, ischemic heart disease or history of stroke
- C. The patient and/or their caregiver has received instruction from the supplier of the device in the proper use and care of the equipment.
A BiPAP device is covered for those patients with OSA who meet criteria A through C above, in addition to criteria D:
- D. A CPAP has been tried and proven ineffective based on a therapeutic trial conducted in either a facility or in a home setting.
CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer
We are a dealer for SoClean, the world's first automated CPAP cleaner and sanitizer.